3M™ Novec™ 7100
- Solvent for removal of light oils & particles / rinsing & spotless fast drying
- Mono-solvent, Co-solvent, flushing & drying process
- Very low HSE impact & very low surface tension
3M™ Novec™ 7100 Engineered Fluid, methoxy-nonafluorobutane (C4F9OCH3), is a clear, colorless and low-odor fluid intended to replace ozone-depleting substances (ODSs) and compounds with high global warming potential (GWP) in many applications.
The high boiling point and low surface tension of Novec 7100 fluid make it ideal for use in vapor degreasing applications as a neat (pure), azeotropic component or co-solvent parts cleaner. In addition, its chemical and thermal stability, non-flammability and low toxicity make it useful for many other industrial and specialty solvent applications.
This is a product valuable for our ECOPROGRAM
Products valuable for our ECOPROGRAM can be returned to us for recycling (depending on location).
- Avoid adding waste into the environment
- Avoid destruction cost
- Buy recycled products at a lower cost.
- Thermal and chemical stable in use (azeotropic formulation)
- The very low surface tension allows deep rinsing of parts with complex geometry
- Short rinsing and drying times
- Continuous recycling in equipment for a long bath-life
- Can be returned for recycling and re-use
- The relative high boiling point reduces risk of solvent drag, so limiting consumption
- Very low toxicity (refer to the SDS)
- No Ozon Depletion Potential (ODP) & low Global Warming Potential (GDP)
DRYING OF SEMICONDUCTOR WAFERS
Novec™ 7100 or Novec™ 71IPA are used as a drying agent for semiconductor wafers as a drop-in alternative to IPA.