- Silicon oil removal & carrier for silicon deposit
- Vapor phase process
- Excellent cleaning performance & low HSE impact
It is a proprietary formulation of the methoxynonafluorobutane (C4F9OCH3) and methyl siloxane, clear, colourless and with a
slight odour, designed to replace the existing solvents having an ODP and to be used for the cleaning operations with ultrasonics. Its high boiling point and its very low surface tension, provide to the PROMOSOLV SILI some outstanding characteristics
It is dedicated to remove silicon based oils used mainly in the Medical industry. It also can act as a carrier for the deposit of silicons on surfaces (e.g. silicon deposit on needles to reduce friction and as such discomfort when inserting the needle in the human body).
- Thermally and chemically stable in use
- The very low surface tension allows deep rinsing of parts with complex geometry
- Short cleaning, rinsing and drying times
- Continuous recycling in equipment for a long bath-life
- The relative high boiling point reduces risk of solvent drag, so limiting consumption
- Low toxicity (refer to the SDS)
- No Ozon Depletion Potential (ODP)
SILICON DEPOSIT ON NEEDLES
Promosolv SILI is used as a carrier solvent to deposit silicon on medical needles.