3M™ Novec™ 7200
- Solvent for removal of light oils & particles, rinsing & spotless fast drying
- Mono-solvent, Co-solvent, flushing & drying process
- Very low HSE impact & very low surface tension
3M™ Novec™ 7200 Engineered Fluid, ethoxy-nonafluorobutane (C4F9OC2H5), is a clear, colorless and low-odor fluid intended to replace ozone-depleting substances (ODSs), compounds with high global warming potential (GWP) and chlorinated materials in many applications. This proprietary fluid has zero ozone depletion potential and other favorable environmental properties.
Novec 7200 fluid has a higher boiling point than most CFCs, HCFCs and HFCs, reducing evaporative losses. The low surface tension and low viscosity of Novec 7200 fluid make it ideal for use in vapor degreasing and cold cleaning applications. In addition, its chemical and thermal stability, nonflammability and low toxicity make it useful for other industrial applications such as specialty solvent and heat transfer applications.
This is a product valuable for our ECOPROGRAM
Products valuable for our ECOPROGRAM can be returned to us for recycling (depending on location).
- Avoid adding waste into the environment
- Avoid destruction cost
- Buy recycled products at a lower cost.
- Thermal and chemical stable in use (azeotropic formulation)
- The very low surface tension allows deep rinsing of parts with complex geometry
- Short rinsing and drying times
- Continuous recycling in equipment for a long bath-life
- Can be returned for recycling and re-use
- The relative high boiling point reduces risk of solvent drag, so limiting consumption
- Very low toxicity (refer to the SDS)
- No Ozon Depletion Potential (ODP) & very low Global Warming Potential (GDP)