3M™ Novec™ 71IPA
- Solvent for removal of light oils & particles and rinsing
- Mono-solvent, Co-solvent, flushing & drying process
- Very low HSE impact & very low surface tension
3M™ Novec™ 71IPA Engineered Fluid is a hydrofluoroether, methoxy-nonafluorobutane (C4F9OCH3), in an azeotrope-like formulation with isopropanol.This fluid is ideal for light-duty cleaning and degreasing tasks, and is intended to replace ozone-depleting materials such as CFC-113, HCFC-14lb and 1,1,1-trichloroethane in many applications. It has zero ozone depletion potential and other favorable environmental properties (see Table 2). Novec 71IPA fluid has a low toxicological profile, with a time-weighted average exposure guideline of 750 ppm for the 3M™ Novec™ 7100 Engineered Fluid component (eight hour average).
The increased polar soil solvency and low surface tension, nonflammability and constant composition during boiling of Novec 71IPA fluid make it ideal for precision and specialty cleaning and rinsing for removal of particulate, fingerprints and light soils from metal, plastic and glass parts.
- Precision cleaning, rinsing and drying agent – Light-duty cleaning of oils, greases, waxes, fingerprints
- Use in combination with co-solvents like Topklean EL 20 or Topklean EL20P for “no-clean flux” residue removal.
This is a product valuable for our ECOPROGRAM
Products valuable for our ECOPROGRAM can be returned to us for recycling (depending on location).
- Avoid adding waste into the environment
- Avoid destruction cost
- Buy recycled products at a lower cost.
- Thermal and chemical stable in use (azeotropic formulation)
- The very low surface tension allows deep rinsing of parts with complex geometry
- Short rinsing and drying times
- Continuous recycling in equipment for a long bath-life
- Can be returned for recycling and re-use
- The relative high boiling point reduces risk of solvent drag, so limiting consumption
- Very low toxicity (refer to the SDS)
- No Ozon Depletion Potential (ODP) & low Global Warming Potential (GDP)
DRYING OF SEMICONDUCTOR WAFERS
Novec™ 7100 or Novec™ 71IPA are used as a drying agent for semiconductor wafers as a drop-in alternative to IPA.