- Removal of a wide range of contaminants
- Vapor phase (mono-solvent) process
- High cleaning power & very low GWP
- 3M Novec 71DE, Novec 72DE, Novec 73DE replacement
PROMOSOLV 70 is developed as a drop-in replacement for trichlorethylene, NPB and other solvents with a high Health, Safety & Environmental impact. While reducing substantially the HSE impact, the degreasing power is at an equivalent level. The very low surface tension allows to penetrate very tight or difficult to access spaces, providing a deep cleaning and rinsing.
It is dedicated to remove most kind of oils and greases, with the exception of water-based lubricants. Furthermore it is suitable for removing waxes and particles. Depending on the nature of polymerized materials, some varnishes, adhesives, inks & paints could also be removed.
Compatible with all metals and alloys, including very sensitive ones. It has also good compatibility with most plastics & elastomers, however it is necessary to test before use. PROMOSOLV 70 is formulated with safety in mind.
Its composition has excellent flammability suppression properties and is an azeotropic-like formulation, which provides a very high stability when used in an equipment. Some products in the market may lose their flammability suppression compound due to evaporation when used in an equipment.
PROMOSOLV 70 is qualified and used by several actors in the aerospace industry (e.g. SAFRAN IN 1500B).
This product also exists in a recycled version (made from recycled solvent) under the name PROMOSOLV 70 T
PROMOSOLV 70 is a drop-in replacement for 3M Novec 71DE, Novec 72DE and Novec 73DE which are scheduled to be phased out voluntarily by end 2025. Click on the link for more info on the announcement of 3M Novec phase out.
This is not a product
Although fully in line with safety & environmental regulations, this product doesn`t match our strict criteria to be labelled as a Greenway product.
LOOKING FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION?
- PROMOSOLV NEO B1
Discover more about Greenway
- Thermally and chemically stable in use
- The very low surface tension allows deep rinsing of parts with complex geometry
- Short cleaning, rinsing and drying times
- Continuous recycling in equipment for a long bath-life
- Can be returned for recycling and re-use
- The relative high boiling point reduces risk of solvent drag, so limiting consumption
- Very low toxicity
- Very low global Warming Potential (GWP) & no Ozon depletion potential (ODP)
- Non-flammable & azeotropic-like formulation