3M™ Novec™ 1700
- Ultra-thin hydrophobic & oleophobic coating
- Dipping & spray process
- Easy & fast process
3M™ Novec™ 1700 Electronic Grade Coating is a single component fluorinated polymer diluted in 3M™ Novec™ 7100DL Engineered Fluid, a segregated hydrofluoroether solvent, providing a low viscosity, low surface tension coating solution.
Designed for moisture and corrosion protection of printed circuit boards and electronic components, it dries to an ultra-thin, transparent coating with excellent hydrophobic and oleophobic properties. It does not need curing and is easy to apply. Novec 1700 coating is nonflammable, non-ozone-depleting, low in toxicity, low in GWP, RoHS compliant and VOC exempt (per the U.S. EPA).
Letter from 3M – Inventec authorized distributor for EMEA area
- Provides exceptional repellence of all kinds of liquids.
- Fast drying at room temperature ( <1 min)
- Substantial cost reduction due to small amount of product needed and simplicity of process.
- PCB masking is not required, saving on preparation time.
- No CMR substances
- Low environmental impact & very low VOC
- Non flammable
The best process will depend on factors such as operating conditions, equipment, time and the cleanliness of the parts. Our team is ready to advise you.
- Dipping process recommended / spray application possible (especially for selective deposition)
- Typical coating thickness is about 0.2 microns
- Recommended to apply on cleaned and dried surfaces
- Touch dry within less than a minute / No thermal or UV cure required